The Sensory Shack are committed to providing equality of opportunity for all children and families. Anti-discriminatory practice will be followed by all staff. The café is open to all members of the community caring for a child. To ensure that as many people as possible use the services of the café.
- The services are advertised widely through public media, community groups and venues and professionals working with families and carers.
- Publicity and promotional materials will reflect the diversity of the local community.
- Information will be presented in clear, concise language.
- Make children and adults feel valued and good about themselves, and enable carers to do the same.
- Ensure all children and adults have equality of access to the facilities and activities.
- Reflect the widest possible range of backgrounds in the choice of resources.
- Avoid stereotypical or insulting images in displays, resources or materials.
- Create an environment of mutual respect and tolerance.
- Accept no discriminatory behaviour or remarks from any users of the café/centre.
- Support children, families and carers who have English as an additional language where possible.
- Provide non gender specific facilities.
- Ensure children, families and carers who have additional needs and or disabilities are catered for within any planned events or sessions.
There will be on-going monitoring and evaluation of café/centre activities and those families who access them to ensure that the needs of the local community are met and that users of the centres reflect their local communities. To ensure that equality of opportunity is applied to recruitment of staff, Sense Ability recruitment process and Equal Opportunities Policy are adhered to.